Organic Essential Oil:Properties And Uses Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Discover Eucalyptus essential oil's active principles, benefits and medicinal properties, how is this organic essential oil used for neck and back pain and its most common uses in home remedies.
Eucalyptus essential oil is obtained from eucalyptus leaves from the Eucalyptus globule's tree, native to Australia. It is one of the best known and most widely used organic essential oil due to the wide variety of medicinal applications and the great benefits it provides to help us maintain and regain health.
How Is Eucalyptus Essential Oil Used?
In general, organic essential oil should not be applied directly to the skin.To use this essential oil externally, it is essential to previously dilute it in a base or carrier oil (such as organ oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil) or it can also be diluted in water to steam or gargle.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Is Used Externally.
Only if the packaging indicates that it is oil suitable for internal use can we use Eucalyptus essential oilto make mouthwashes, homemade toothpaste, etc. But it should never be ingested.
As we always do, for safety, we recommend an ecological and organic essential oilso that you have a guarantee of its quality.
What Properties And Benefits Does Eucalyptus Essential Oil Have?
This oil has several very interesting active principles, among which we can highlight its content in cineole, flavonoids, tannins, limonene and pinned. These active principles are what give the eucalyptus essential oil action:
- Antic catarrhal: prevents or fights colds.
- Expectorant: eliminates accumulated phlegm in the respiratory tract.
- Antipyretic or febrifuge: reduces fever.
- Insecticide: eliminates insects.
- Analgesic: fights pain.
- Hypoglycemic: reduces blood sugar levels.
- Antiseptic: eliminates germs.
- Deodorant: combats a bad smell.
- Anti-asthma: avoid asthma.
- Balsamic: improves skin diseases.
- Antifungal: eliminates fungi.
- Antibacterial: it fights bacterial infections.
- Acaricide: eliminates mites.
- Immunostimulant: favors the functioning of the immune system
- Antitussive: prevents or fights to cough.
- Healing: accelerates healing.
- Anthelmintic: eliminates parasites such as worms.
20 Amazing Uses Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Eucalyptus essential oil is excellent for relieving respiratory ailments such as coughs, colds, flu, asthma, sinusitis, congestion or bronchitis.
- It can be used by making vapor's or inhalations, preparing this homemade vaporub, putting oil in a burner, a nebulizer, a bathtub, etc.
- Due to its antiseptic action, eucalyptus essential oil is a natural remedy for cases of infection.
· It is a natural remedy for headaches, neck and back pain.
- Diluted in water, it can be used in mouthwashes and homemade toothpastes to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Use eucalyptus essential oil mixed with base oil to give a massage and promote rest and muscle recovery.
- This essential oil helps us to eliminate lice. Put a few drops in your usual shampoo and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water.
- To clean cuts, wounds and insect bites, use eucalyptus essential oil diluted in water and clean the affected area with gauze.
- Activate blood circulation by massaging with eucalyptus essential oil diluted in base oil. It is very good for tired legs and feet.
- Lower the fever by adding a few drops of eucalyptus essential oilto a bowl of warm water, soak a cloth in this water, drain, and place on the head for 20 minutes.
- If we use it in the bathroom, it can improve urinary infections such as cystitis and also candidiasis due to its antifungal action.
- We can include eucalyptus essential oil to make deodorants for both men and women.
- Dilute 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil in 125 ml of water and apply a cotton ball to the face or other areas with acne, sores and abscesses.
- Reduce inflammation and pain by applying this oil in sprains, trauma, arthritis, etc.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is very good as a mosquito repellent. Put a few drops on a burner along with water.
- This oil is stimulating, invigorating and refreshes the environment.
- With this essential oil, we stimulate the defenses to fight the pathogens of our organism.
- Regulate oily scalp with warm water and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Massage for two minutes and rinse.
- Eliminate cold sores by applying a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil diluted in water.
- Use this oil diluted in water as a home cleaner in the bathroom, kitchen, or floor.